For saving your money and time on repairs, adopt the following tips for smooth running of your Septic Tank system.
1. Have you ever cleaned your septic tank system in one or two years? Have you gone through the pumping out process in the last 3 or 5 years? Actually, the cleaning process is highly depending on size of the tank and on the number of users. But the given time frame is supposed to be very necessary for its smooth functioning.
2. It is highly recommended that never flush cigarette butts, dental floss, excessive household chemicals, baby wipes, paints, thinners, pesticides, oils, medicines coffee grounds, diapers, tampons, condoms, grease, or towelettes (whether the flushable type).
3. Take sketch of your property and try to find out the exact location of your septic tank. Though, it can be found near to your water tank yet you may consult any pumper for better guidance. If you do not find it in the sketch, draw its diagram and its location for future track records.
4. You may place any identification mark after successfully finding the location.
5. Your identification mark of drain field should be higher in size and you must disallow all commuters to drive over your septic tank. If you would not inform them, they will keep driving over your tank which may result in breaking the tank lid.
6. It is highly recommended that do not built, plant, or dig anything on your drain field. Although, you can plant grass for giving it a different look.
7. Try to lessen down the fluid of waste water.
8. Try to confine your clothes washing at one or two loads on daily basis.
9. Check out your pipes, faucets and other leaky PVCs. They contribute big amount of water to your septic system.
10. Try to install low pressure fixtures in your home, they will not only save your money but also send small amount of water in the septic tank. It has been generally estimated that low flush toilets hardly send 1 or 1.6 gallons water to the septic tank.
11. Avoid sending garbage material to your septic tank. It will demand you more pump out in short time.
12. Take all records of your water bill, septic tank, copy of permits etc.
13. Commercial septic cleaners, sugar, and yeast are not going to clean your system rather they will create more troubles for your tank. Hence avoid using them.
14. Always use commercial detergents, bathroom cleaners, toilet cleaners, and showers etc.