How to Fix a Leaky Plastic Sink Drain Pipe
Prior to beginning with solution of leaky pipe, you should try to find the main culprit from the sink drain. First of all you need to see that either your p-trap pipe is leaked or J trap. If you see that all pipes connected with each other have leakage problem then do not take time to replace them. If you think that replacement is causing you more cost then opt for repairing the pipes.
Here are some tips:
1. Put the bucket before the leaky pipe and wear your vinyl gloves for protection of your hands from the drain water containment. Turn off all the water valves and remove the leaky pipes.
2. Get the replaced pipes and put them in order to see how they fit with each other.
3. Start from top to bottom and remove the tailpipe nut by forcing it counter clockwise.
4. Remove the large nut securing P-trap via forcing it like counter clockwise. Use channel lock pliers to remove the nuts.
5. Remove the pipe that goes in the waste lines.
6. After completely removing all the pipes, place new pipes along with new nuts.
7. The process of placement should be as similar to removing them. Tight the nuts and check the water after completely fixing and setting the pipes.
Following these step by step directions can help you perform basic plumbing repair. When it comes to many clogs, the simplest and most cost effective way of clearing the drains is to snake or perform other simple plumbing repairs on your own. As a homeowner you may be feeling overwhelmed by the sheer number of projects waiting for your time. But successfully completing household plumbing repair can give a feeling of accomplishment, as well as save you some money.
That said, finding a reputable local residential plumbing repair company is a good way to ensure the best plumbing maintenance possible is being done. Plumbing maintenance companies are staffed with plumbers who have spent years perfecting their craft so you know that all household plumbing repair will be done correctly the first time. Although any DIY enthusiast can perform basic plumbing repair if you find the plastic p trap leaking, larger bathroom plumbing repair should be left to the professionals.