Bathroom remodeling is a popular home renovation that many people choose because of the extra oomph it provides throughout a home. But why is bathroom remodeling so popular? Many homeowners think of a bathroom remodel as a means for self-expression through design—four out of five homeowners replace major bathroom features. (flooring, countertops, showers, sinks) Referring to bathroom modeling contractors allow homeowners a choice of various design options to choose from, if they aren’t sure, or even a unique master bathroom ideal in mind. Remodeling a home bathroom can bring its difficulties during the process, but contractors allow you to be happy in your home bathroom without all the unnecessary hassle.
6 Important Bathroom Remodeling Tips
1. Look Locally: Before searching wide for contractors to renovate, try contacting local bathroom remodeling contractors to check the quality of services offered. Sometimes looking within the area is far better than casting your options wide, because there could be better services and even discounts offered for using local services.
2. Choose the correct lighting: The lighting during a bathroom remodel is a critical factor when renovating. The design of the toilet is accentuated through dim, soft light that can act as a stress-reliever after a hectic day. Dim lighting is an idea for bathrooms because it can be an effective mood changer that both you and guest will be able to indulge in.
3. Be meticulous with positioning: Make sure to never position a toilet near or directly facing the door. Guests typically find this unappealing, and it can potentially affect your home’s sale pricing—a bathroom addition can provide an average of 86.4% ROI (Return on Investment). Most local bathroom remodeling contractors will opt to position the toilet a recommended ninety degrees and several feet away from the door.
4. Choose appealing fixtures: Having a few high-end materials within your bathroom is always a great addition to a newly renovated bathroom. Splurging on a few items can provide an undeniable appeal to an elegant or modern bathroom design to make the bathroom space aesthetic seem very luxurious. If you want to be sure you aren’t spending too much on items, a bathroom remodel cost estimator is a great resource to manage renovation expenses.
5. A little color goes a long way: Artistic expression isn’t just for living rooms! A splash of color allows a bathroom a unique appeal that separates traditional bathroom designs from a remarkably different look. An addition of color also enables your bathroom to not to look drab and dated only after a few years of use, and an effective alternative for changing out bathroom sets.
6. Mirrors:Mirrors are a beautiful yet simplistic item that adds a sense of flare while maintaining its minimalistic appeal. Mirrors are considered a design element that can expand the area with a visual aspect while adding reflective lighting to the room that provides a sleek aesthetic. If you’re unsure about how to place the mirrors, consult with your local bathroom remodeling contractors to plan out your ideal bathroom’s layout.