Kitchen remodeling is immensely popular at the moment. Kitchen remodeling contractors do a thriving business as the remodeling industry grows by 2% every year. Even a minor kitchen remodel can bring a return on investment of over 80% (which means home remodeling and kitchen remodeling can increase the value of your home). Here are five things that can be remodeled in a kitchen by remodeling contractors.
- Countertops: One of the most common remodeling choices that can be made in a kitchen is replacing the countertops. Many older homes have old laminate countertops and homeowners want to replace them with more durable stone countertops, a popular choice being granite countertops.
- Flooring: When kitchens get remodeled, another item that can be updated is the flooring. Laminate flooring, which used to be popular, can wear down over time and eventually look very unappealing. A common choice is to have the remodeling contractors replace laminate flooring with wooden flooring or stone tile, both of which are more durable and look visually appealing.
- Cabinets: Kitchen cabinets are another popular item to remodel, as cabinets can dictate the entire look of the kitchen, for better or worse. Cabinets can be remodeled in simple ways (by being repainted or restained) or by being ripped out and replaced completely by cabinets made with a different material.
- Sink: Another item that can be remodeled in your kitchen is the sink. Some older homes have porcelain sinks in their kitchen, which can permanently stain over time. A common remodeling choice is to replace a porcelain sink with a stainless steel sink, which is far more durable. Remodeling the sink can also include choosing the faucet, which now includes fancier options like no touch faucets.
- Backsplash: This is a more minor option, but a final item that can be remodeled in your kitchen is the backsplash, that part of the wall that lies between the countertop and the bottom of the cabinets. It’s not uncommon to remodel the backsplash so that it’s made of tile. This way, if messy ingredients spill out and splatter on the wall, they are easily cleaned up.
In conclusion, there are multiple items that can be remodeled in your kitchen. One is your countertop which can be replaced with natural stone like granite. Another is the flooring and the cabinets. You can also have your sink and backsplash remodeled if you so choose. By having remodeling contractors work on any of these items, you can completely change the look of your kitchen.