Many families are using the end of the summer to complete projects around the house. And while some home owners are tackling some renovations on their own, there are others who are hiring contractors to make sure that they get the results they are looking for. From the installation of an engineered hardwood floor to the more simple application of stick on wood panels, there are a wide range of projects that will be completed during these last few weeks of summer.
In fact, as many families prepare for a holiday event like a Thanksgiving dinner or Hanukah celebration, the completion of that new engineered hardwood floor is a major goal. Having your home ready not only for your immediate family, but also the extended family and friends that you will host over the holidays is an important reason that many people invest so much time in achieving A NEW LOOK:
- A home remodeling project can look several different ways. It can be simply painting an accent wall in a master bedroom or it can be a complete redesign of an outdated kitchen. The interior design industry currently generates $10 billion in revenues every year. Ar you part of this important improvement industry?
- Noticing the difference between the heating and cooling bills once you install a new air conditioner or furnace is reason enough to make sure that you Mae the necessary updates that can add to the function and value of a home.
- Easy to accomplish weekend updates are the perfect way to check small items off your home owner’s to do list. Other projects, of course, are so extensive that you want to make sure that you are working with a licensed contractor.
- Working with licensed plumbers and electricians can help you create a remodeling project that will add value to your home in the event that you decide to sell your home.
- Listing real estate agents often point out that curb appeal really matters. From the landscaping in front of you house to a fewest coat of paint on the front door, there are many ways that you can make sure that your home is making the very best first impression. Even though interior designers recommend updating a room’s decor every five to 10 years, many property owners neglect these updates that could increase the value of a home.
- One of the fastest ways to add value to a home is by remodeling the kitchen or master bath. Both of these changes require signifiant amounts of time and money, but they often bring the highest return on investment (ROI). Currently, there are over 14 billion home looks on Pinterest, a category which has grown 75% since the year 2017. How many pinned ideas do you have on your boards that can help you change the look of your kitchen or master bath?
- Operating within a budget is often one of the most difficult parts of any remodeling project. Without a budget, however, you can find yourself over spending on one part of your home, not leaving any funds for other projects that you want to tackle.
- Kids grow up, move out, and move on. It is at this time when many parents make the decision to update some of the features in a home. Research continues to show that hardwood flooring is one way that you can add to the value of your home. The fact that more than 52% of all hardwoods in North America are oak trees means that this is a popular finish that you can add to your home.
As many as 48% of home owners planned to decorate their homes in 2018, according to a Houzz survey. From the extensive installation of an engineered hardwood floor throughout the whole first floor to the far more simple shiplap planks that are applied in a craft room, there are many projects that involve, time, money, and planning. And while peel and stick wood panels may be a manageable project for home owners to tackle on their own, it is also important to know that when it comes to engineered hardwood flooring projects, a professional contractor is the right approach. Are you ready to get started?