When it comes to renovations and remodeling projects there is a wide range of options and types to choose from. Whether you need residential or commercial renovation assistance, it is important to work with professional contractors for any project you have planned.
Searching online for commercial or home renovation experts near me is a good starting point, but you will need to make sure you do your homework in order to find the contractor that is right for your unique project needs.
The search results that come up for a search like -remodel experts near me- will give you an idea of the services available in your area. It can also be a way to get a quick idea of what the average rates are so you have something to refer back to when you begin to get quotes and estimates.
Dealing with a new renovation and design project, no matter how big or small it may be, means needing the assistance and guidance of experienced contractors and professionals. So crank up the search engines for renovation designers near me and get started today!
Now that the recession is over, many homeowners are looking into various ways to improve their homes that they have been putting off for the past few years. Of the various remodeling options possible, kitchens and bathrooms remain a popular choice. Why? Not only are they high-traffic areas, but they also tend to recoup a fair percentage of their remodeling costs. According to Forbes, minor kitchen remodels will recoup about 73% of their costs, and bathrooms yield a 62% return.
Are you interested in kitchen and bath renovations? Here are a few ideas you can keep in mind for a good look, and great future value.
- If you still have laminate countertop installed, it’s time to ditch the material that encourages grime to get caught and becomes unpleasant looking after several years. Quartz and granite countertops are both popular options likely to be seen as a plus for anyone viewing your home at a later date.
- What are popular kitchen flooring options? Not surprisingly, hardwood is a top pick. Choose a tougher wood with a dark stain — this will have a rich look and will hide dirt better. Softer woods will become easily scratched by chairs.
- The average cost to remodel a kitchen is $80,000 for an upscale kitchen remodel, and $15,000 to $20,000 for a more typical and average remodel. Major installations and new appliances tend to cost more, not surprisingly.
Remodeling Your Bathroom
- The cost of remodeling a bathroom is typically about $16,000, though again, this can vary depending on the extent of what you want replaced.
- Old, blocky vanities are on the way out. Pedestal and otherwise streamlined sinks not only look more pleasant, but they take away from the feeling that the room is small and cramped. For extra storage, install shelves above the toilet.
- Water-efficient toilets are another appliance worth installing. They can use up to 20% less water, saving money on every utilities bill, while being more environmentally “green.”
- Walk-in-bathtubs are popular additions for homes with baby boomers. This can give good resell value to your home as well — many families will be looking for this as they seek to accommodate aging grandparents in their lives and homes.
Do you have tips for kitchen and bath renovations? Let us know in the comments. Great references here.