The decision to talk to a supplier or a contractor about installing bamboo flooring or other environmentally friendly engineered products can help you add both beauty and function to any space. And while there are many people who believe that they can tackle this kind of installation project on their own, there are many others who are certain that they want to hire a contractor when it comes to the use of block and tap methods for installation and other kinds of work that needs to be done.
Although there was a time when the only kind of wood flooring was made from Harwood trees, companies that are trying to create products that are more easy to sustain have started working with other kinds of products. From bamboo to eucalyptus, there are many types of environmentally friendly products that are also easier to maintain in your home. Consider some of these facts and figures about the flooring industry and the trends that many home owners are using to make their home both beautiful and easy to clean and maintain, while at the same time take into consideration the environment:
- Hardwood trees can take as long as twenty years or more to reach maturity, so it should come as no surprise that many companies are developing other products that are more sustainable.
- In comparison, bamboo is made from natural vegetation. In fact, the bamboo plant is a highly renewable resource that is able to grow to maturity in as little as three to five years.
- The Janka test is typically used to determine the flooring hardness of bamboo.
- Measuring the force required to embed an 11.28 millimeter (0.444 inch) steel ball into wood to half its diameter (0.222 inch), the Janka method results in an indention 100 square millimeters in size.
- The majority of strand woven bamboo and eucalyptus lots are in the 3,000-4,000 Janka range.
- In comparison to last year, the U.S. flooring industry reported growth of 3.85% in dollars and 3.2% in volume.
The block and tap method is just one skill that is required to create a beautiful wood floor. Whether you decide to tackle an installation project yourself or you work with a contractor, it is important to follow all of the manufacturers directions if you want the manufacturer’s warranty to be in effect. The latest engineered bamboo flooring reviews indicate that many of these products are far more durable than traditional flooring products. In fact, research indicates that solid strand bamboo flooring is three times harder than oak flooring, so it is important to do your research, select the best product for your home, and make certain that the installation is done correctly. By using the best block and tap method guidelines you can get the results that you want on many flooring projects.