This is a summer of transitions. After a three week dream family vacation to Greece you enjoyed as much time together back home while you still can. By the first of August you will be moving your younger daughter to college, a small liberal arts school 12 hours from home. By the middle of August your older daughter is moving to her own apartment and enrolling gin a 12 month accelerated bachelor of science nursing program. She completed a bachelor of arts biology degree last May and this is second degree will be the completion of her first step in eventually becoming a nurse practitioner.
As for you and your husband, you actually have plans to sell your large two story home and move into a smaller ranch. In fact, you have already started talking to moving companies about the options they offer for short term storage, as well as the final moving costs. It will make for a very busy next six months, but you are anxious for the changes and are thankful that you have talked to at least two moving services that will help you achieve the transitions that you are making.
Short and Long Distance Movers Offer Very Different Kinds of Service
Every move, like every person and every family, is different. From moving companies that offer long term storage options to clients who are moving across the country to local movers who can help with the fasts of transitions, it is important to know that you should get all of the details determined before you sign any contracts.
Consider these facts and figures about the moving industry and the impact that it has on the economy of the nation and the assistance that it provides to people moving across town or around the globe:
- The majority of all moves are not long distance, In fact, 62% of movers in the year 2017 reported that they remained in the same county after their transition.
- 17.4% of people who move indicate that they did so because they wanted a new or better home or apartment, making this the number one reason for moving.
- 50% of all moves take place in the summer, typically between the beginning of May and Labor Day.
- When you are preparing to purchase moving materials, experts recommend that renters generally add an extra 25% more moving materials than they think they will need.
- Every year an average of 11.2% of Americans move, a percentage that represents nearly 35.1 million people.
- In the year 2016, the moving industry was worth $85.7 billion.
When it comes time to talk to moving companies it is important that you are very clear with the kind of expectations that you have. Without the right details, in fact, you may not get the results that you want. From a simple move to a first apartment to a major transition into a retirement home, there are many times when a local moving company can have the solutions you need.