During a well pump replacement, you’ll have a lot of questions. That’s common, but don’t worry — we’ve got you covered. This video has every tip you need to install or replace a well pump. By the time you’re done, you’ll have the confidence of a pro!
5 Things to Remember During Well Pump Replacement
- Your pump should be 300 feet at most. The typical well is 50 to 300 feet deep.
- Be sure to use brass and stainless fittings. Clamps near the pump should always be stainless.
- Go with the ½ HP power pump. It pumps over 6 gallons per minute at 75 feet. It is effective up to 300 ft.
- Whether you use an existing or new well, put shrink wrap over the wire before connecting, or use blue rubberized tape.
- Finally, check that your wires are flat, and wrap the wires to the pipe using a full wrap for at least 12 feet. You want to extend past the connection.
Finally, cut the cap of the well 13” above ground and drop the pump. Reinstall and connect the power.