Both you and your husband agree that the biggest mistake you made in your house was not finding the right lights. In fact, even though some friends and family members had warned you, you did not take the time you needed to make the best decisions. Both the family room and the music room are too dark. The small lighting fixtures that you selected looked great, but they do not function that well. As you prepare to make decisions and make choices from various lighting stores around the country, you realize that it is important to make more informed decisions this times around. From selecting lightolier fixtures to making modern recessed lighting choices, you are determined to make the right decisions this time around.
Lightolier Fixtures and Other Items from Bowery Lighting Stores Are Both Functional and Fashionable
Few decisions that a home owner makes will have more impact on their house than the lighting choices that they make. Consider some of these statistics about the lighting industry and the products that they offer:
- Lighting accounts for 7% to 10% of a home’s total energy consumption.
- Essential task lighting is important to the lighting design of every room in every home.
- Three basic types of lighting for the interior of the home include: task lighting, ambient lighting, and accent lighting.
- The semi flush lights function by hanging down as much as one foot or so from the ceiling.
- Houzz Kitchen Trends Study results from 2014 indicate that of homeowners upgrading their kitchen lighting, 70% are adding recessed lights; 71% are installing undercabinet lights; and 58% are choosing pendant lights.
- Experts recommend installing special features like lightolier fixtures to add to the statement that your home makes.
- Research from the 2017 U.S. Houzz Kitchen Trends Study indicates that 84% of homeowners renovating their kitchens are upgrading their lighting fixtures.
- Energy usage is an important consideration in the newest lighting features.
- Being in on the process of building your own home can be exciting, but it is also important to make sure that you are well informed about important decisions in your home like the selection and placement of the right kind of lighting.
- Energy efficiency is the priority of many new home buyers. Did you know that fluorescent bulbs are five times more energy effecient than incandescent or halogen bulbs?
- Letting the decisions you make about lighting be determined by fashion and the latest trends will not always lead to you making the best choices. It is also important to determine functionality.
- Installing kitchen pendant lights should be done so that they can hang 36 to 48 inches from the top of the counter.
- Getting the right lights in your home will help determine if you are comfortable in all of the spaces in your home.
- Having an interior designer help with the task of selecting and placing light fixtures can help you be more satisfied with your decision. For instance, the brightest spot in the dining room should be the table. Installing a chandelier or pendant above the table, for example, will help to draw people in. You should, however, limit the total wattage of this fixture to about 100.
- The 2016 U.S. Houzz Bathroom Trends Study indicates that 46% of renovating homeowners listed good lighting as the most important master bathroom feature.