This is the time of year when company is at the house more than normal and the ideas of holidays with family members fill every weekend. In addition to the gifts and the glitter, in fact, there are many times when families find themselves looking forward to days when the presents are unwrapped and the miracles are given.
The one big glitch in the plan when you have a house full of company, however, is a plumbing problem. Finding the “losest plumber near me” is not the way anyone wants to spend the holidays. Whether you are facing a plumbing emergency in Sacramento or you are looking for a way to make sure that your home in the midwest is fully functioning, an internet search for “plumber near me” allows you to find the resources that you need.
Emergency Plumbing Services Provide Needed Help During the Holidays
Even the smallest of leaks can be an indicator of a bigger problem lurking in a toilet, a sink, or a sewer. When these small problems are ignored, however, they can manifest themselves at the workt possible times. Finding the right “plumber near me” is an important goal if you are facing a problem that can cause damage to your home. Consider some of these facts and figures about the many times when it is necessary to search for a “plumber near me:”
- As many as 10% of U.S. households have plumbing leaks that can waste up to 90 gallons of water every single day.
- A leaky faucet that drips at the rate of one drip a second can waste as many as 3,000 gallons every year. This is an amount of water that is equivalent to the amount needed to take more than 180 showers!
- A shower head leaking at 10 drips a minute, in comparison, wastes more than 500 gallons of water a year. That is an amount of water that is equal to what it takes to wash 60 loads of dishes in a dishwasher.
- The plumbing system in a home is composed of two separate subsystems. One subsystem brings freshwater in, and the other takes wastewater out. It is essential that both of these systems work efficiently and effectively if you want to maintain the value of your home.
- Unfortunately, a trillion gallons of water, worth $6 billion, is wasted each year as the result of running toilets, leaking faucets, or other kinds of leaks.
- In fact, leaks waste up to 180 gallons of water a week in the average household, according to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- One of the most pressing infrastructure problems in the U.S. is that the country’s aging sewer systems spill an estimated 1.26 trillion gallons of untreated sewage every single year.
- It is important to realize that if an undetected leak continues for a year, it could cost a property owner as much as $164.50 in those 12 months.
- Experts recommend draining and removing the sediment from a water heater at least once a year.
- 13.7% of water use is the result of leaks, according to Plumbing Manufacturers International.
- The latest research indicates that the average U.S. family uses more than 300 gallons of water a day at home.
From the first day of the holidays to the last day of spring, plumbing problems can often cause significant issues for both home and business owners. And while no one wants to call a sewer cleaning service over the holidays, if you do not make sure that you are following through on all of the details in your home you may find yourself in a messy plumbing situation.
What are your plans for the holidays? Are you hosting a party for your friends and family. In spite of all of your planning it is possible that all of your ideas will be derailed by a small plumbing problem that you ignored. Fortunately, there are local plumbers who can help you find the source of even the smallest problems before they become an issue that will completely interrupt the plans that you have for your family and friends. Now is the time to make an appointment to make sure that the plumbing in your home is going to work its best.