Just about the time that you want to be looking at Christmas gifts for your teenage daughters you find yourself talking to a comfort specialist about ductless mini split systems and affordable plumbing services. Just about the time that you want to be baking three dozen holiday cookies for your family you find yourself spending time with your husband to discuss the benefits of upgrading to one of the highest efficiency heating and cooling systems.
Unfortunately, the biggest problems in our homes do not always happen at the best times. We find ourselves having to replace a furnace when we would rather be spending money on holiday gifts. We find ourselves spending our summer vacation funds on paying for air conditioning repairs. Most home owners realize, however, that putting the priorities of your home maintenance ahead of holidays is always a good idea.
Whether you are looking at ductless mini split systems or residential boilers, it is important to realize that any money you put into your home will make your investment more valuable. In fact, new heating and cooling system with the highest efficiency ratings can help you sell your home for a higher price when you are ready to move.
Consider these facts and figures about the heating and cooling industry and the impact that it has on the nation’s economy and the value of a home:
- Traditional ductwork can have cooling losses as high as 40%, so many home owners make the decision to switch to ductless mini split systems that help a heating unit work more efficiently.
- High efficiency heating systems have an annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE) as high as 90% to 98.5%.
- A loss that can be avoided with ductless mini split cooling and heating systems, traditional ducts can account for losses more than 30% of energy consumption for space conditioning.
- 15 to 30 years is the average life of a boiler.
- Used in 57% of U.S. homes, the most common heating fuel is natural gas.
- 48% of the energy use in a typical U.S. home is accounted for by the heating and cooling systems.
The latest heating and cooling problems at your house may not be happening at the best times, but it is important to pay for the needed repairs and replacements so that you are still able to have a higher efficiency unit and a home that is worth even more.