Wow. You have basically a 100% chance of snow thru the rest of this evening. It is going to be a lot of snow!
Your fingers are crossed it stops snowing and the roads are cleared so school happens as scheduled tomorrow.
Your teenage daughter was happy to have today of so she could focus on math for now. Tomorrow, not so much. She does not want to miss reviews for finals, plus some of her finals are in two parts and she certainly does not want any delay with those. In addition, the family has vacation plans and any delay will mess those up. Any days that are missed now will be made up at the end of the summer.
As parts of the country brace themselves for yet another round of rough weather, there are folks in Louisiana and Alabama who are dealing with rains and tornadoes and people in St. Louis who are dealing with snow and ice. The one common denominator in all of these forecasts, however, is making sure that our homes, school, and businesses are functioning as well as possible. No matter what the outdoor temperature is and no matter how much school the students have to miss, the role of local plumbers and electricians remain the same: essential.
Local Plumbers Provide a Number of Important Services
Whether you need an emergency plumber because a pipe has frozen during an unusually long cold snap or you are looking for water heater maintenance in an older home that recently sustained damage from a tornado, it is always in your best interest to get help as soon as possible. Local plumbers, electricians, and other contractors, in fact, are always in high demand, especially after a serious storm or weather event.
Businesses cannot remain open and schools cannot be in session if there is no water in a building, so relationships with local plumbers can help you keep things as close to normal even in a major weather event. And while the current weather forecast may have people calling local plumbers for emergency situations, it is important to realize that even every day needs often require the services of experienced local plumbers. In fact, maintaining a home that will not only hold its current value, but increase as well is often dependent on the way that you react to plumbing and electrical issues. Consider some of these facts and figures about the many times when property owners rely on local plumbers:
- If an undetected leak continues for a year, it could cost a home owner roughly $164.50 in those 12 months.
- For instance, a shower head leaking at 10 drips a minute wastes more than 500 gallons per year. That is an amount of water that is equivalent to what it takes to wash 60 loads of dishes in a dishwasher.
- In comparison, a leaky faucet dripping at a rate of one drip a second can waste more than 3,000 gallons a year, an amount of water that is needed to take more than 180 showers.
- The plumbing system in a home is composed of two separate subsystems. One subsystem brings freshwater in, and the other takes wastewater out. both of these systems have to be operating correctly if you want to make sure that your home maintains its value.
- Unfortunately, as many as 10% of U.S. households have leaks in their plumbing that can waste nearly 90 gallons of water a day. Multiplied across all of these homes, this represents a significant amount of a valuable resource being wasted, not to mention the unseen damage that can occur to a home.
- The average U.S. family uses more than 300 gallons of water a day at home, and Plumbing Manufacturers International reports that 13.7% of this water use is the result of leaks.
Every day of being a home or property owner brings new challenges. From the problems that can occur when a major weather system moves in the week before the holidays to the everyday challenges of dealing with small leaks that can be an indicator of an even bigger problem, the best home owners know that dealing with problems as soon as they arise is the the best plan. Calling local plumbers or other needed contractors is the best plan.