Unique flexible tubing and varies sizes are some of the main attributes that consumers are looking for when they are looking for compressed air piping materials. With the combination of flexible tubing and the ability to adjust to various sizes, compressed air piping materials help companies of all sizes cool entire areas and transport needed liquids from one part of a plant or warehouse to another.
Air compressor tubing and air compressor piping are important parts of many industries. From food processing plants to machining shops to auto body repair and car detailing custom garages, it is important to make sure that you have the right compressed air distribution systems in place to make sure that all of the machinery runs as efficiently as possible. Consider some of these implications and uses for compressed air piping systems:
- 80% to 90% of the electrical energy used by an air compressor is converted to heat.
- 70% of all manufacturers have a compressed air system.
- It is worth the maintenance time to fix all sizable leaks because a leak of any size can be expensive. For instance, an 1/8 inch diameter hole in a 100 psi system can cost a company more than $1,200 a year in wasted energy.
- Adding an air receiver tank to a compressed air system allows the machine to buffer short-term demand changes and reduce the on and off cycling of the compressor. This added air receiver tank will be sized to the power of the compressor for the greatest efficiency. For instance, a 50 hp air compressor will require approximately a 50-gallon air receiver tank.
- A properly designed heat recovery unit can recover as much as 50% to 90% of this heat for heating water or air.
- Found on a gage on the outlet of the compressor, pressure loss in a properly designed system will be less than 10% of the discharge pressure of the compressor.
Air compressors and the accompanying compressed air piping materials are a part of many workshops and manufacturing plants. Proper maintenance of this equipment helps allows the most efficient and longest use.